Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information

Incoming Students - Accommodation

All international Study Abroad and Exchange (Erasmus+) students are guaranteed a room in University Halls of Residence for the academic year 2020/21.

University Accommodation

Ranked top 5 in the UK for Student AccommodationWhatUni Awards 2019. We offer our Study Abroad, International Exchange, and Erasmus+ students a room of their choice in modern University Halls of Residence located in one of our two student villages.

All rooms are for single occupancy and have ensuite shower rooms. All are offered on a self–catered basis with access to a kitchen and dining area. A small number of studios (rooms with ensuite shower room and a kitchen area) and standard rooms (shared bathroom facilities) are also available on request.

All bills are included within your Hall fees including water, electricity, heating, insurance, wifi, university gym membership and Campus Life membership.

Although bedding, towels and cooking utensils are not provided, these items can be ordered in advance and delivered to your room ready for your arrival.

Both student villages have 24 hour security and a residential support team who are responsible for your support and for welfare matters within Halls.

Students with additional needs

Arrangements can be made where possible to accommodate individual requests from students which are disability related.

We currently have adapted rooms - you can view a typical accessible room here.

How to apply for University Accommodation

Students will receive an Accommodation Application Form after their nomination by their home University. If you wish to take up the offer of a room in University Halls, please complete the form and return together with your study Application Form and other supporting documentation by:


  • Starting study in Semester 1 (September 2020): 12 June 2020
  • Starting study in Semester 2 (January 2021): 30 October 2020

Please DO NOT apply for University halls accommodation directly to the Halls Office. Use the Accommodation Application Form only. You will receive notification that we have received your application and room allocation and contracts for your room in the month before your arrival.

If we don’t receive your accommodation request form by the deadline we will assume that you don’t wish to take up the offer of a room in University Halls.

Contract: University halls accommodation is allocated for a set period of time, you will be asked to accept the room by signing the University’s Residence agreement (contract) whereby you will agree to pay for your room for the whole period stated on your residence agreement. Please note the end date of your contract may extend beyond the end of the semester.

Arriving early or later

Please inform the Study Abroad or International Exchange Office if you plan to arrive earlier or later than the expected arrival date or

How to apply for Private Rented Accommodation

If you do not wish to live in University Halls of Residence please contact the Student Housing office in Students Services.

Student housing maintains details of private rented accommodation in Bangor and the surrounding area. Student Services will assist you in finding appropriate accommodation, however they are unable to enter into agreement or contracts on behalf of students. You will be required to make contact with private accommodation landlords directly.

For more information: