Students voted Bangor University's accommodation to place in the top-15 in the UK in the WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2020.
- Individual single study bedrooms.
- Female only, alcohol-free and quiet accommodation available.
- Choice of en-suite private bathroom or shared bathrooms.
- Fully equipped self-catered facilities, allowing you to prepare your own meals.
- Option to purchase meals on-campus at a variety of cafes/restaurants.
- All Halls within walking distance of the campus.
- Senior Wardens on duty, plus, a team of friendly student 'Mentors' and 24/7 Security Staff (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
- All-inclusive rent includes internet, heating, electricity, water bills, all maintenance and contents insurance.
- Rent also includes gym membership and Campus Life events programme. Campus Life events like sports events, movie nights, BBQ's, cooking classes, quiz nights, exciting trips etc to help students get the most from their time in Halls.
All residential sites in Bangor are within walking distance of the city centre and main university departments. Our halls are so conveniently located that you will save a lot of money and time by avoiding bus fares, taxis, or fuel, to travel to and from halls.
All international students will be guaranteed a place in university accommodation provided you:
- apply for a full-time course starting in September
- apply for a course based at our Bangor campus
- apply for an Undergraduate or Postgraduate taught course
- are starting in Bangor University for the first time
- apply before the deadline:
- Undergraduate: 31 July
- Postgraduate: 07 August
Scholarship towards Accommodation Fees
Your offer letter will detail the scholarship/s you have been awarded, if you have been awarded a scholarship as a contribution towards the cost of University accommodation, then you need to keep the following points in mind;
- The accommodation scholarship amount is non-transferrable. That means that if you decide to opt-out of university accommodation, then you will forfeit this scholarship amount. However, this will have no impact on the scholarship awarded towards your tuition fees
- Any accommodation scholarship amount (if awarded) as mentioned in your Offer Letter will be automatically reflected in your Accommodation Offer too, so you will be required to pay the remaining charges only.
Accommodation options & costs
Have a look at our halls pages to see what kind of accommodation we have on offer, how much they cost and view images, videos, and 360 tours.
How to apply for Accommodation
- Step 1: Apply for the academic course of your choice at the university and wait for an Offer of Admission (Conditional or Unconditional Offer Letter)
- Step 2: All conditional or unconditional offer holders can apply for the room of their choice through our Online Booking System here.
- Step 3: The Halls Office will review your accommodation application and an accommodation offer will be released to you. Read the offer carefully and pay the £300 pre-payment of rent within 7 days to secure the booking. Details of how to pay the accommodation fee can be found here.