Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information

Visa and Immigration

Student Visa Guide – Applying outside the UK

In order to study in the UK, students from most nationalities outside the EU will need a visa to study in the UK. Before travelling to the UK, ‘visa nationals’ must apply to the UK Visas and Immigration Service (UKVI) for a visa or ‘entry clearance’. Then, once you are in the UK, you will need to have a valid visa for the duration of your stay.

To check if you need a visa, see: Do I need a visa? on the UKVI web pages.

The International Student Support Team staff are fully trained to provide information and advice about visas and immigration. Please read through these pages carefully, and if you have any questions please contact us.

Tel: +44 (0) 1248 388430 / 388238

We work closely with the University Immigration Team, who are responsible for monitoring attendance and BRP visa issues, information about their services is here:

Applying for a visa